- Gas nitriding – one-stage & two-stage
- Gas nitriding in dissociated ammonia
- One-stage & two-stage (Floe process)
- Meets AMS 2750 (pyrometry), AMS 2759, CQI-9, etc.
- Capacities up to 4000 lbs lots
- Parts can be masked for selective hardening
- Digital furnace charting (T, t, %DA, P, N2 flow, H2 flow, etc.)
- Substrate must contain nitride-forming element(s) – Al, Cr, Mo, V, W, etc.
- Substrate must have been previously tempered at 975°F min.
- Very thin (<.001”), very hard compound (white) layer of epsilon nitrides
- Modest (.001-.035”) nitrogen diffusion zone depth
- High case hardness, wear resistance, galling resistance, fatigue life
- Low part distortion